Last Saturday I was lucky enough to attend the Lili of the Valley Colouring Masterclass for ProMarkers/Copics with Bev Rochester and Jacqui Dennis. It was a great day - I learnt lots of new techniques to use with my ProMarkers and made some lovely new friends too. I also won 8 LOTV stamps in a raffle which they suprised us with! If i'm honest I was a bit scared of their stamps before as they're quite small and detailed but now I own loads :-)
From the class i've realised the card you use actually makes a huge difference and from now on i'll be using the Super Smooth card from Lili of the Valley/Craftwork Cards. Also Prismacolor pencils are magic and really make your image pop so i'm going to start playing with mine more. The main thing I learnt from the day though is to always colour dark to light as this means you keep your highlight.
Anyway here's the images we coloured during the day. We started off with a cute wintery James Bear, which i've now purchase to use on my Christmas cards lol. We practiced blending dark to light on his fur (Terracotta, Apricot, Saffron, Vanilla) and then used Prismacolor pencils to add depth.
Next up was this little boy with his sailing boat. We used this image to practice colouring skin (Apricot, Saffron, Ivory, Pastel Pink) and hair (Terracotta, Saffron, Vanilla). They also showed us how adding a touch of Putty and Almond to the sail adds a bit of dimension rather than leaving it plain white.
After lunch we coloured Love Grows which was quite tricky as there's lots of small areas and detail. To help simplify it though we stuck to only using a few colours (i.e. brown, red and green). We had the opportunity to turn this image into a card or colour another image, which is what I chose to do and then made the card at home last night instead.
Lastly I coloured the gorgeous Rosie Posy which required using the blender to fade the colours to white. Again i've used Prismacolor pencils to add depth. We were shown how to add rosy cheeks to our characters without making them look like clowns by adding small triangles of pink in line with the top of their ears.
I'm soo proud of how all these images have turned out and can't wait to start colouring some of my uninked stamps...